Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Questions Christians get asked and answers


I recently received a copy of The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask by Mark Mittelberg. Mark focuses his minister on apologetics oriented outreach and went to the Barna Group to find out what were the questions Christians feared the be asked the most. Each section of this book addresses a specific question and works to provide the reader with scripture references and a practical knowledge base needed to respond appropriately. At the end of each chapter is a summary, tips for talking about the issue and questions for group discussion.
I was intrigued to find out what the questions were. While I didn’t find myself surprised that the included questions were being asked, I don’t know that I would have put them all in a top 10 list. I appreciate Mark’s style writing. While books like this can easily be geared towards winning the argument, it was refreshing to read solid evidence and have it applied with the final goal of winning others to Christ. It is important for Christians to know what they believe and why they believe. Not forgetting that Christ died for us all and that we need to speak the truth in love. This book is a good reference for Christians to think through some of the hot topics in today’s society. I would also recommend that after reading through it the reader should take some time with their pastor for a more solid foundation.
Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment