Friday, August 17, 2012

Life Application Study Bible Devotional


I recently received the Life Application Study Bible Devotional from Tyndale Publishers.  This devotional is setup slightly differently from others that I have.  Instead of dates it uses weeks and days.  This may seem like a minor change, but it really does promote a daily reading schedule  as it can be difficult to find your day if you only pick it up occasionally other than just reading randomly.  Each week has a theme centric to Jesus in some manner bases on scripture and accompanied with devotion and questions.

Overall I found this to be a decent devotional.  I love reading scripture, so having that on each page was good.  Personally I felt the devotional portion to be a bit lacking.  The inferences read into the scripture with these were overreaching.  That being said I did enjoy the questions portion.  I found them to be thought provoking in a manner that would really make one think of how to apply the scripture to one’s life.  I would simply put in more scripture from the New and Old Testament and less story telling.  All in all I found it to be a good book and one that would encourage the daily reading and application of God’s Word.

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment